Project ExC²EL = Excellence in Character development, Community service, Education attainment and Leadership achievement.
The Project ExC2EL committee’s Objectives are to…
- Sponsor a mentoring program geared toward today’s youth.
- Align the National Programs of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. for local youth and community benefit.
- Offer Eta Lambda chapter’s unique local programs and expertise of the Brotherhood specifically for male youth involvement for grades 9th through 12th.
- Engage the assistance of Brothers from Eta Lambda’s mentoring college chapters, namely Alpha Rho (Morehouse College), Alpha Phi (Clark Atlanta University), and Zeta Mu (Georgia State University).
- Incorporate as many programs as possible into the Alpha Male Enhancement programs such as Go To High School-Go To College, Project Alpha, A Voteless People is A Hopeless People, March of Dimes/Walk America (Walk for Babies), Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Boy Scouts of America, as well as Leadership Development and Scholarship Initiatives.
The Project ExC²EL Program of the Eta Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha is a male mentoring program that mentors one-on-one to high school males in the Metro Atlanta area. The mentors and mentees meet throughout the month for seminars and social outings, along with other various meetings and activities throughout the school year--one being a College Tour.
Project Excel was founded in 2006 by the members of the Eta Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. The "Go-to-High-School, Go-to-College" National program, established in 1922, concentrates on the importance of completing secondary and collegiate education. Through the Go-to-High-School, Go-to-College educational initiative, young men receive information and learn strategies that facilitate success. Alpha men provide youth participants with excellent role models to emulate.
Project Excel is the program in which High School students can participate via the Eta Lambda Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. to receive the critical tools, experiences, and cultural exposure that is vital to their growth and success in today’s society.